Certificate IV in Children’s Services
Children’s Services (OSHC) – Elearning
Certificate IV in Children’s Services (OSHC)
This qualification covers those workers who conduct vacation programs as well as before and after school care activities for children of school age. OSHC workers:
- Plan activities and provide care to children, facilitating their leisure and play and enabling them to achieve their developmental outcomes.
- May work under direct supervision o autonomously
- May have some supervisory responsibilities for volunteers and other workers
- Pre-requisite required for – CHC51008 Diploma of Children’s Services [OSHC]
- Assistant OSHC coordinator
- Mobile assistant
- OSHC assistant
- Play leader
- Program leader
- Recreation assistant
- Team leader
- Vacation care supervisor
- Senior play leader
- Recreation leader
Distance/Blended Students successfully complete the theory booklets, reflections, workplace supervisor completes 3rd party feedback forms, may be followed by an onsite practical assessment or equivalent
and or interview with trainer/assessor.
What will you achieve from this course?
12 compulsory units
- CHCCHILD401A Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCCN301A Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCCN303A Contribute to provision of nutritionally balanced food in a safe & hygienic manner
- CHCCS400A Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- CHCFC301A Support the development of children
- CHCOSHC401A Support children to participate in outside school hours care
- CHCOSHC402A Develop and implement activities in outside school hours care
- CHCOSHC403A Work effectively with children in outside school hours care
- CHCPR301A Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid
- HLTHIR403B Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTOHS300A Contribute to OHS processes
4 elective units
- CHCCN520C Manage children’s services workplace practice to address regulations
- CHCFC507A Plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs
- CHCORG620C Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children’s development
- CHCORG627B Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children and quality assurance
Assessment is comprised of written tasks, practical demonstrations and 3rd party observations.
How to gain your qualification faster
Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) is “the acknowledgement of the skills and knowledge” that you have gained through previous studies, work and life experiences. If RPL is granted, this will mean that you will not have to complete the study or assessments for a unit or units of competency.
How long does the course take?
You, the student, are completely in control of your own learning schedule. Learning online allows you the freedom to study at home, during your lunch break or from anywhere in the world.
Work Load | Full time: 12 hours per week | Part time: 6 hours per week
Apply For Funding
Free Info Pack