Certificate III in Tourism (Retail Travel Sales) - SIT30207
Tourism - Elearning
Certificate III in Tourism (Retail Travel Sales) (SIT30207)
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of well developed retail travel sales and operational skills. Work would be undertaken in a retail office or shop front environment where the planning of customers’ travel and touring arrangements takes place. The qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who apply a broad range of competencies in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. The course is nationally accredited and recognised. It consists of a set of competencies that high performing retail travel sales staff should possess.
These competencies relate to the areas of:
- Travel industry knowledge
- Team effectiveness
- Personal effectiveness
- Continuous improvement
- Customer service
- Developing work priorities
- Effective workplace relationships
- Workplace safety
What will you achieve from this course?
The Certificate III in Tourism (Retail Travel Sales) will improve productivity, increased innovation, development of retail sales competencies, increased awareness of continuous improvement and customer service, improved facilitation of teams and individuals.
- SITTIND001A Develop and update tourism industry knowledge
- SITTTSL001A Operate an online information system
- SITTTSL002A Access and interpret product information
- SITTTSL004A Source and provide Australian destination information and advice
- SITTTSL005A Sell tourism products and services
- SITTTSL006A Prepare quotations
- SITTTSL008A Book and coordinate supplier services
- SITTTSL009A Process travel-related documentation
- SITTTSL010A Control reservations or operations using a computerised system
- SITXADM001A Perform office procedures
- SITXCOM001A Work with colleagues and customers
- SITXCOM002A Work in a socially diverse environment
- SITXCOM004A Communicate on the telephone
- SITXOHS001A Follow health, safety and security procedures
- BSBCMN205A Use business technology
- BSBCMN306A Produce business documents
- SITXCOM003A Deal with conflict situations
- SITXCOM005A Make presentations
- SITXOHS003A Identify hazards and control safety risks
Assessment is comprised of short answer questions, case studies and assignments.
How to gain your qualification faster
Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) is “the acknowledgement of the skills and knowledge” that you have gained through previous studies, work and life experiences. If RPL is granted, this will mean that you will not have to complete the study or assessments for a unit or units of competency.
How long does the course take?
You, the student, are completely in control of your own learning schedule. Learning online allows you the freedom to study at home, during your lunch break or from anywhere in the world.
Work Load | Full time: 12 hours per week | Part time: 6 hours per week
Buy TodayApply For Funding
Contact UsFree Info Pack